The Golden Visa for Spain is a residence visa issued to a non-EU national who intends to make a significant investment in the Spanish economy. The visa offers the holder and their family members residency in Spain and visa-free access to the Schengen Zone. After 5 years of living in Spain with a Golden Visa, a person can apply for permanent residence and after next 5 years of living in Spain as a permanent resident, the person can apply for Spain citizenship.
Spain is in the EU since 1985 and in the Schengen area since 1995. The country’s high standards of living and developing economy are the factors that make it an attractive option for relocation. Both families and businesses nowadays treat Spain as an important candidate for future investments.
Especially for non-EU nationals who want to pursue their career or life goals in Europe, Spain Golden Visa Program is a great option. It allows one to reside, study, and work in Spain. In addition it may also lead to permanent residency and eventually citizenship.
Eligibility for Spain Golden Visa:
- You must be of legal age (+18 years old)
- You must have no history of criminal records
- You must not have been refused a Schengen Visa in the past
- You must have health insurance in Spain
- You’re able to prove sufficient funds to live on without working in Spain
Investment Options for Spain Golden Visa:
- Purchase real estate of minimum €500,000
- Investments in stocks, bonds, shares in a fund or a deposit for a minimum €1,000,000
- Investment in the Spanish Government Bonds of at least €2,000,000
Benefits of Spain Golden Visa:
- Visa-free travel to the Schengen countries
- “Safe haven”: An investor doesn’t have to live in Spain to obtain the status, but they can visit the country at any time, even if the borders are closed
- Access to European education and medical care
- Working and conducting business in Spain
- Prospect of obtaining EU citizenship
- Low cost of living in comparison with other Western European countries
- You do not have to live in Spain to renew the Golden Visa – but you can if you want to
- You can bring your family members with you (spouse, children, and dependent parents)
- You can buy property anywhere and any type of property, you can also buy multiple properties.
- You can start earning income by renting out the property immediately