Portugal boasts an excellent reputation and is considered one of the world’s most globalized and peaceful nations, with a high quality of life and a very high Human Development Index ranking. It is among the oldest nations in Europe with a rich history, lively culture, exceptional cuisine, stunning beaches and idyllic countryside.
The Portugal Golden Visa is a residence visa issued to non-EU nationals who have made a significant investment in Portugal such as purchasing real estate, making a capital investment or creating employment opportunities.
It is a fast-track process for obtaining permanent residence and citizenship in an EU country – via the Golden Visa, you can become eligible for Portuguese citizenship in as little as five years.
Minimum Real estate investment of €280,000 is required to qualify for Portugal Golden Visa.
Investment options for Portugal Golden Visa:
- Purchase of real estate worth €500,000 (€400,000 in low-density areas)
- Purchase of real estate property worth €350,000 (€280,000 in low-density areas)
- Capital transfer of €1,500,000 (1.5M) for 5 Years
- Contribution of €250,000 for investing in artistic output or supporting the arts
- Invest €500,000 in a qualifying Investment Fund
Eligibility for Portugal Golden Visa:
- You must be over the age of 18
- You must make a significant investment that is beneficial to the Portuguese economy
- You must have no history of criminal records, Police clearance is required from all countries you lived in for more than a year
- You must own the money you seek to invest
- You must commit to maintaining the investment for at least another five years
- You must have Portuguese Health Insurance or internationally recognised health insurance
Benefits of Portugal Golden Visa:
- If you receive a Golden Visa, you become eligible for citizenship after five years along with your family
- You do not actually need to live in Portugal, you just have to spend 7 or more days in the first year and 14 or more days in the subsequent years
- Visa Free travel in Schengen Area during Residency period
- Visa free travel to more than 180 countries including EU, Schengen, and USA (via an electronic travel authorization (eTA) after Citizenship
- Eligible Dependents:
- Spouse or legal partner
- Kids under 18 years of age
- Kids under 26 years of age who are students, unmarried and financially dependent
- Parents and Grandparents over 66 years of age or dependent parents over 55 year age
- Sibling of both under 18Y, you should have legal custody of siblings
- You and your family members can live and work in Portugal and have access to its healthcare and education
- You or your dependents can undertake remunerated employment
- 4th most powerful passport according to the Passport Index 2021